Warrester Woriors started to return the tournament


Last year, RFU's Tier 2 ran Open the bid process To the entire match for any club, college or university to join the championship – the level without the prime minister – for the 2025-26 season if they can meet the minimum operating standards and growth strategy in the league.

Worcester was accepted in the majority decision, but Tier 2 board said that WASPS and London Irish were not in a position at the end of last year to meet the minimum standards.

Approval means that Worsester will be accepted alongside the winners of the National League 1, currently led by Richmond.

Richmond was the first professional club in England after the match was opened in 1995, but when they went in 1999, they were transferred down the league pyramid and worked on their way since.

“If we chose to restart at the bottom of the Rakhbi pyramid, as others did before us, it was possible to remove the commitment to the settlement of the Rakhbi creditors,” said Malik Woriors Hollande.

“After a careful study, we chose to submit the application to the new league under the name Worlester Warriors, a club founded in 1871, to preserve its history and legacy.

“As a result, although we have advanced as a new participant in the league, we have to settle the Runbi game creditors as determined by RFU List 5. We acknowledge this process and have it fully and the responsibility that comes with it.

“We have taken full responsibility for addressing these inherited obligations.”

The businessman also owns the intellectual property of the wasps where he was a non -executive director. If they return to the league structure, he will have to give up the ownership of one club.

It is understood that Woorers, who are planning to get a new logo and artificial re -appearance, put people and operations in place in order to be ready to start next season in the tournament.

Thursday's announcement comes one week of Bill Sweeni, CEO of RFU They survived a vote, no confidence In a private general meeting.

The meeting was partially called by the loud championship clubs, which were not satisfied with the financing discounts from the Game Organization in England.

In a statement, Simon Gilham, Chairman of Tier 2, said that “there is still a lot to achieve.”

He added: “Seeing this league is really ambitious, and there has been a lot of work and cooperation almost two years to create a road towards a vibrant and self -sustainable competition.

“Today it represents a big step forward with the return of Worsester Warriors to the professional rugby game under a new property in the heart for our sport, as the new club owners provided a financial security guarantee, kept by RFU, in addition to their commitment to pay the debts that the former owners leave to the Rakbi creditors.”

Full competition structure plans should still be announced.

With the absence of a drop from the championship to the National League 1 this season, this means that only two teams, instead of the usual three, will be fell from National 1.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *